Advisor for RENOVATION, REPAIR, REAL ESTATE and CONSTRUCTION for foreigners living in Japan

Glossary of Real Estate Terms in Japan-ら(RA)-

Real estate Terms -ら(RA)-


ラーメン構造 [RAMEN KOUZOU] (らーめんこうぞう)


欄間 [RANMA] (らんま)

In traditional Japanese architecture, an opening between 鴨居 [KAMOI] (かもい) and the ceiling

*鴨居 [KAMOI] (かもい) : The upper side of the opening in a room’s partition wall. Usually, there are two grooves carved into the wood to fit a 引き戸 [HIKIDO] (ひきど) , 襖 [FUSUMA] (ふすま), 障子 [SHOUJI] (しょうじ) “sliding door”.